At best you can get when the job was disabled or in other words when was it modified using the following query: select * from msdb.
How do I trace a SQL Agent job?
The most efficient means to define the SQL commands used for constructing a profiler trace is to use SQL Profiler.
- Start SQL Profiler and select File > New Trace. Specify the events, columns, and filters you want in your trace.
- Start the trace and then stop it.
- Export the definition. …
- Save the trace file.
How do I find my SQL Server Agent service name?
msc into the Run prompt and press Enter. After the Services window displays, scroll down to locate the service called SQL Server (INSTANCE NAME). Scroll to the right to find the name of the account listed under the column “Log On As” (see the screenshot below).
Why is SQL Server Agent disabled?
There are two possible root causes of the issue: The SQL Server Agent service is not running. The SQL Server Agent job is running, but the configuration parameter Agent XPs is disabled.
How can I check my SQL agent status?
To view job activity
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- Expand SQL Server Agent.
- Right-click Job Activity Monitor and click View Job Activity.
- In the Job Activity Monitor, you can view details about each job that is defined for this server.
How do I collect SQL Profiler traces?
To use a SQL Trace template, follow these steps:
- Determine what version of SQL Server you have and double-click the link below to download the zip file of SQL templates. …
- Within SQL Profiler, click on File | New Trace. …
- Click RUN to start the trace and the SQL Profiler window will open and the trace is now running.
Where are SQL Server Agent jobs stored?
Each SQL Server Agent Job is stored as a row in the table msdb. dbo. sysjobs. The primary key of this table is a guid called job_id.
How do I run a SQL Agent as a different user?
When you create a SQL Server Agent Job of any type other than T-SQL you’ll have an extra drop-down box that will allow you to select the credential that you want to use. Select the credential from the drop-down, and the next time the job runs, the job step will be run as the account specified in the credential.
What is the SQL Agent service account?
The service account defines the Microsoft Windows account used to execute the SQL Agent service. You select an account for the SQL Server Agent service by using SQL Server Configuration Manager, where you can choose from the following options: Local System– This is the NT AUTHORITYSystem account on the local machine.
What is SQL Server Agent user?
SQL Server Agent uses SQL Server to store job information. Jobs contain one or more job steps. Each step contains its own task, for example, backing up a database. SQL Server Agent can run a job on a schedule, in response to a specific event, or on demand.
How do I fix SQL Server Agent stopped automatically?
This can be one of reason
- Goto Sql Server Configration Manager.
- Click SQL Server Services from left panel.
- Right click SQL Server Agent From right panel and click properties.
- Goto service tab.
- Change start type automatic if it is set manuel.
How do I open SQL Agent?
To start, stop, or restart the SQL Server Agent Service
In Object Explorer, click the plus sign to expand the server where you want to manage SQL Server Agent Service. Right-click SQL Server Agent, and then select either Start, Stop, or Restart.
How do I fix agent XPs disabled?
Most of the time when you start the SQL Server services it automatically enables ‘Agent XPs’, but sometime it fails to enable or sets the value to 0 and then this issue will appear. To fix this issue we should first set the ‘Agent XPs’ to 1 and then run RECONFIGURE to bring it into effect.
To view job step information
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the Microsoft SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- Expand SQL Server Agent, expand Jobs, right-click the job that contains the job step to be viewed, and click Properties.
- In the Job Properties dialog, click the Steps page.
How do you check who modified SQL job?
Connect to the SQL SErver instance and navigate to Management folder towards SQL Server Agent, under the jobs view the JOB HISTORY for this specific job.
How do I list all SQL Agent jobs?
You can use the following options to return a list of SQL Server Agent jobs with T-SQL:
- Option 1: Execute the sp_help_job stored procedure.
- Option 2: Query the sysjobs_view view.
- Option 3: Query the sysjobs table directly.