How do I count the number of days in a month in SQL?
In SQL Server 2012 you can use EOMONTH (Transact-SQL) to get the last day of the month and then you can use DAY (Transact-SQL) to get the number of days in the month.
How do I get the number of days in SQL?
Use the DATEDIFF() function to retrieve the number of days between two dates in a MySQL database. This function takes two arguments: The end date. (In our example, it’s the expiration_date column.)
How do I get the number of months in SQL?
The EXTRACT() function returns a number which represents the month of the date. The EXTRACT() function is a SQL standard function supported by MySQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL. If you use SQL Server, you can use the MONTH() or DATEPART() function to extract the month from a date.
How can I get the number of days in a month in SQL Server 2008?
To get the number of days of a specified month, you follow these steps:
- First, use the EOMONTH() function to get the last day of the month.
- Then, pass the last day of the month to the DAY() function.
How do I get the last day of the current month in SQL?
4 Answers. +1 for great explanation – in SQL Server “Denali”, it will be much simpler: SELECT EOMONTH (GETDATE()); 🙂 @marc_s but an important distinction is that EOMONTH will return the last day at midnight.
How do I get the start date and end of the month in SQL?
- @StartDate DATE = ‘20120201’
- , @EndDate DATE = ‘20120405’
- SELECT DATENAME(MONTH, DATEADD(MONTH, A.MonthId – 1, @StartDate)) Name, (A.MonthId + 1) as MonthId FROM(
- SELECT 1 AS MonthId.
- SELECT 2.
How do I get the first day of every month in SQL?
You can provide other date like this.
- DECLARE @myDate DATETIME = ’02/15/2020′; — its mm/dd/yyyy format. …
- SELECT DATEADD(DD,-(DAY(GETDATE() -1)), GETDATE()) AS FirstDate SELECT DATEADD(DD,-(DAY(GETDATE())), DATEADD(MM, 1, GETDATE())) AS LastDate.
How do I select month wise data in SQL?
GROUP BY MONTH (Sales_date), YEAR (Sales_date); In the above query, we used MONTH() and YEAR() functions to extract the month and year from the date, used group by a month, and sum function to calculate the total sales for each month.
How do I get the number of days between two dates in SQL Server?
9 Answers. PRINT DATEDIFF(DAY, ‘1/1/2011’, ‘3/1/2011’) will give you what you’re after. This gives the number of times the midnight boundary is crossed between the two dates. You may decide to need to add one to this if you’re including both dates in the count – or subtract one if you don’t want to include either date.
How can I get days between two dates in MySQL?
MySQL: DATEDIFF Function
- Description. The MySQL DATEDIFF function returns the difference in days between two date values.
- Syntax. The syntax for the DATEDIFF function in MySQL is: DATEDIFF( date1, date2 ) …
- Note. Only the date portion of date1 and date2 is used in the DATEDIFF calculation. …
- Applies To. …
How can I get data between two dates in MySQL?
Select Data From Database Between Two Dates
- 01 Use BETWEEN…. AND…. Comparison Operator. As the name suggests, It is used to check whether a value is within a range or not. …
- 02 Use > AND < Comparison Operator. You can also use > (Greater Than) & < (Less Than) comparison operator to fetch records between two dates. Syntax:
How do you convert month number to month name?
How to convert month number to month name in Excel
- To return an abbreviated month name (Jan – Dec). =TEXT(A2*28, “mmm”) =TEXT(DATE(2015, A2, 1), “mmm”)
- To return a full month name (January – December). =TEXT(A2*28, “mmmm”) =TEXT(DATE(2015, A2, 1), “mmmm”) In all of the above formulas, A2 is a cell with a month number.
How do I get the month from a date in SQL Developer?
select to_char(SYSDATE,’Month’) from dual; It gives unformatted month name, with spaces, for e.g. May would be given as ‘May ‘. The string May will have spaces.