What does SQL Access Advisor do?
The SQL Access Advisor helps you achieve your performance goals by recommending the proper set of materialized views, materialized view logs, and indexes for a given workload.
How do I run an Oracle Access Advisor?
You can run SQL Access Advisor from Oracle Enterprise Manager (accessible from the Advisor Central page) using SQL Access Advisor Wizard or by invoking the DBMS_ADVISOR package. The DBMS_ADVISOR package consists of a collection of analysis and advisory functions and procedures callable from any PL/SQL program.
How do I find my SQL Tuning Advisor?
How to run SQL tuning advisor for a sql_id
- Create Tuning Task. …
- Execute Tuning task: …
- Get the Tuning advisor report. …
- Get list of tuning task present in database: …
- Drop a tuning task:
What is SQL Repair Advisor?
Oracle 11g introduced the SQL Repair Advisor to help diagnose and fix valid SQL statements that fail with critical errors at runtime. The advisor performs a diagnostic operation on the statement and may provide a patch to repair the statement.
What is access advisor in AWS?
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) access advisor uses data analysis to help you set permission guardrails confidently by providing service last accessed information for your accounts, organizational units (OUs), and your organization managed by AWS Organizations.
How do I run SQL Tuning Advisor in Oracle 12c manually?
How to Run Oracle 12c’s SQL Tuning Advisor
- Use PL/SQL and the internal package DBMS_SQL_TUNE to create a tuning task. …
- Execute the tuning advisor with your task by typing this: …
- When the execution is complete, you can view the results by running the BMS_SQLTUNE. …
- Add the index with your own name by typing this:
What is SQL Tuning Advisor in Oracle?
SQL Tuning Advisor is SQL diagnostic software in the Oracle Database Tuning Pack. You can submit one or more SQL statements as input to the advisor and receive advice or recommendations for how to tune the statements, along with a rationale and expected benefit.
What is true about Partition Advisor?
The Partition Advisor is part of the SQL Access Advisor. The Partition Advisor can recommend a partitioning strategy for a table based on a supplied workload of SQL statements which can be supplied by the SQL Cache, a SQL Tuning set, or be defined by the user.
What is SQL Performance Analyzer?
SQL Performance Analyzer will establish a connection to the remote database using the database link, execute the SQL statements on that database, collect the execution plans and run-time statistics for each SQL statement, and store the results in a SQL trial on the local database that can be used for later analysis.
Which three functions can be performed by the SQL Tuning Advisor?
Correct Answer: BC
- recommending creation of indexes based on SQL workload.
- recommending restructuring of SQL statements that have suboptimal plans.
- checking schema objects for missing and state statistics.
- recommending optimization of materialized views.
- generating SQL profiles.
How do I create a SQL tuning set?
You can create the SQL Tuning Sets by using Enterprise Manager and DBMS_SQLTUNE PL/SQL Package. You can create the SQL Tuning Sets and Load SQL statements into SQL Tuning Sets by using Enterprise manager Cloud control as follows. Step 1: Click Performance Tab and Click SQL Tuning Sets as follows.
Which are three of the input sources for the SQL Tuning Advisor?
These input sources include:
- Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor. The primary input source is the Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM). …
- High-load SQL statements. The second most important input source is the high-load SQL statements captured in Automatic Workload Repository (AWR). …
- Cursor cache. …
- SQL Tuning Set.
How do I know if a PSU patch is installed in a database 12c?
How to check which PSU is installed…if any
- Database Server: …
- Grid Infrastructure: $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/opatch lsinventory -bugs_fixed | grep -i ‘GIPSU’
- Cluster Ready Services: $ORACLE_HOME/OPatch/opatch lsinventory -bugs_fixed | grep -i ‘TRACKING BUG’ | grep -i ‘PSU’
How do I drop a SQL patch?
DROP_SQL_PATCH with the patch name to drop the SQL patch. The patch name can be obtained from the explain plan section or by querying the view DBA_SQL_PATCHES .
What is Oracle SQL patch?
A SQL patch is a SQL manageability object that can be generated by the SQL Repair Advisor, in order to circumvent a plan which causes a failure. In essence, a SQL patch tells the optimizer to change the plan in some way or avoid an optimization so that the failure does not occur.