How do you write a loop in SQL query?
I am detailing answer on ways to achieve different types of loops in SQL server.
- FOR Loop. DECLARE @cnt INT = 0; WHILE @cnt < 10 BEGIN PRINT ‘Inside FOR LOOP’; SET @cnt = @cnt + 1; END; PRINT ‘Done FOR LOOP’;
- DO.. WHILE Loop. …
- REPEAT..UNTIL Loop.
Is there a for loop in SQL?
In SQL Server, there is no FOR LOOP. However, you simulate the FOR LOOP using the WHILE LOOP.
How do you run a query in a for loop?
Running a Query Inside the Loop
- WHILE @Counter <= @MaxOscars.
- SET @NumFilms =
- SELECT COUNT(*)
- FROM tblFilm.
- WHERE FilmOscarWins = @Counter.
- SET @Counter += 1.
What are 3 types of loops in SQL?
Explain Different Types of Loops in PL/SQL
- The simple or infinite loop.
- The FOR loop.
- The WHILE loop.
How do you create a loop in MySQL?
Loops in MySQL
- Syntax : …
- Parameters – …
- Example-1 : DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS GeekLoop(); DELIMITER $$ CREATE PROCEDURE GeekLoop() BEGIN DECLARE no INT; SET no = 0; loop: LOOP SET no = no +1; select no ; IF no =5 THEN LEAVE loop; END IF; END LOOP loop; SELECT no; END $$ DELIMITER ; …
- Output – 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
How do I create a foreach loop in SQL Server?
1. create a temp table and put the records you want to iterate in there 2. use WHILE @@ROWCOUNT <> 0 to do the iterating 3. to get one row at a time do, SELECT TOP 1 <fieldnames> b. save the unique ID for that row in a variable 4.
How do you run a while loop in SQL Server?
SQL While loop syntax
The while loop in SQL begins with the WHILE keyword followed by the condition which returns a Boolean value i.e. True or False. The body of the while loop keeps executing unless the condition returns false. The body of a while loop in SQL starts with a BEGIN block and ends with an END block.
How do I number a row in SQL?
Row_Number function in SQL
In this blog, you will see Row_Number function without Partition By or with Partition By clause.
How do you loop through an array in SQL Server?
- Use DATABASENAME.
- DECLARE @PRODUCTDETAILSTABLE table (PRODUCTNAME nvarchar(100), PRODUCTID int, PRODUCTCOST int)
- — Declare your array table variable.
- DECLARE @MYARRAY table (TEMPCOL nvarchar(50), ARRAYINDEX int identity(1,1) )
What is Do While loop in SQL with example?
A while loop will check the condition first and then executes the block of Sql Statements within it as along as the condition evaluates to true. Example: Basic while loop example. The below while loop executes the statements within it 4 times.
Do While loop in SQL procedure?
The WHILE statement defines a set of statements to be executed until a condition that is evaluated at the beginning of the WHILE loop is false. The while-loop-condition (an expression) is evaluated before each iteration of the loop.
How do I create a cursor in SQL?
To work with cursors you must use the following SQL statements: DECLARE CURSOR. OPEN. FETCH.
Cursors in SQL procedures
- Declare a cursor that defines a result set.
- Open the cursor to establish the result set.
- Fetch the data into local variables as needed from the cursor, one row at a time.
- Close the cursor when done.
How many loops are there in SQL?
There are 4 types of PL/SQL Loops.
How do you create a cursor in SQL Server?
Cursor in SQL Server
- DECLARE statements – Declare variables used in the code block.
- SETSELECT statements – Initialize the variables to a specific value.
- DECLARE CURSOR statement – Populate the cursor with values that will be evaluated. …
- OPEN statement – Open the cursor to begin data processing.