Try this: In SQL Server Management Studio, right click the server and click “Properties”. Click on “Permissions” and then select the “Public” role and remove “Grant” from “View Any Database”.
Beginning in SQL Server 2005 Microsoft introduced a hidden database called the Resource Database. While it is often referred to as the resource database the actual name is mssqlsystemresource. The database contains all the system objects that are included with SQL Server.
If you look at tempdb in the Object Explorer, you’ll see the hidden_table listed. hidden_table is visible in the list of tables.
How do I get a list of all databases in SQL Server?
Use SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- To see a list of all databases on the instance, expand Databases.
How do I find out where a database is stored?
Get Detailed SQL Server Database File Location Information in a Few Clicks
- MDF files are the data files that hold the data and objects such as tables, indexes, stored procedures and views.
- LDF files are the transaction log files that record all transactions and the database modifications made by each transaction.
Resource database is a read-only and hidden database which physically contains all the system objects that accompanies with SQL Server. All the objects under sys schemas are exists logically in each database. The Resource database does not contain user data or user metadata.
How do I restrict access to a SQL Server database?
- Create a user account (make sure its not mapped to any Database)
- Right Click on the upper section of the SQL (SQLSERVER Name)>Properties>Permissions>Click on the user account, and select Deny to view databases.
How can I see tables in database?
Then issue one of the following SQL statement:
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user:
Can we hide table in SQL Server?
You can actually hide an object from object explorer by assigning a specific extended property. Then refresh the list. … Using this you can hide the object from SSMS object explorer without restricting its use in any way.
How can I see the tables in a MySQL database?
To get a list of the tables in a MySQL database, use the mysql client tool to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW TABLES command. The optional FULL modifier will show the table type as a second output column.
How do I find databases?
Where can you find databases? Many databases are available at your school and in the library. You can also access many databases through your school’s website or the library’s website.
How do I find the current database in SQL Server?
- text/html 7/14/2007 5:55:49 PM Arnie Rowland 15. Sign in to vote. Use the system function: db_name(). SELECT db_name() Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:55 PM. Arnie Rowland. 34,283. Points. …
- text/html 7/14/2007 5:57:39 PM DaleJ 0. Sign in to vote. Code Snippet. select db_name() Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:57 PM. DaleJ. 3,065. Points.
How do I find the database name in SQL Server?
Getting the Name of the Server and Databases in SQL Server
- Select * from sysservers.
- Select @@servername as [ServerName]
- SELECT DB_NAME() AS [Current Database]
- Select * from sysdatabases.
Where are local SQL databases stored?
The system database files for the database are stored in the local AppData path, which is normally hidden. For example, C:Users<user>AppDataLocalMicrosoftMicrosoft SQL Server Local DBInstancesLocalDBApp1 .
How do SQL databases store data?
When you insert any data into a SQL Server database, it saves the data to a series of 8 KB pages inside the data file. If multiple data files exist within a filegroup, SQL Server allocates pages to all data files based on a round-robin mechanism.