How do you find the top 10% in SQL?
Example – Using TOP PERCENT keyword
SELECT TOP(10) PERCENT contact_id, last_name, first_name FROM contacts WHERE last_name = ‘Anderson’ ORDER BY contact_id; This SQL SELECT TOP example would select the first 10% of the records from the full result set.
How do I select a percentage record in SQL Server?
The PERCENT keyword specifies that the query will return rows by %n proportion of the result set. This value must be between 0 and 100. Such as, if we want to retrieve half of the rows in a table, it would be sufficient to set this value to 50. The following query will return 20 percent of rows in the table.
How do I find the top 5 values in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How do I SELECT top 10 rows in SQL Developer?
Returning TOP N Records
- Microsoft SQL Server SELECT TOP 10 column FROM table.
- PostgreSQL and MySQL SELECT column FROM table LIMIT 10.
- Oracle SELECT column FROM table WHERE ROWNUM <= 10.
- Sybase SET rowcount 10 SELECT column FROM table.
- Firebird SELECT FIRST 10 column FROM table.
How do you SELECT top 1 record in each group in SQL?
[InventoryAllocations] ORDER BY ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY DocumentID ORDER BY [RecordTimeStamp] DESC); TOP 1 works with WITH TIES here. WITH TIES means that when ORDER BY = 1 , then SELECT takes this record (because of TOP 1 ) and all others that have ORDER BY = 1 (because of WITH TIES ).
How do I select only 10 rows in SQL Server?
The ANSI SQL answer is FETCH FIRST . If you want ties to be included, do FETCH FIRST 10 ROWS WITH TIES instead. To skip a specified number of rows, use OFFSET , e.g. Will skip the first 20 rows, and then fetch 10 rows.
How do I do a percentage in SQL?
How to calculate percentage with a SQL statement
- The most efficient (using over()). select Grade, count(*) * 100.0 / sum(count(*)) over() from MyTable group by Grade.
- Universal (any SQL version). select Grade, count(*) * 100.0 / (select count(*) from MyTable) from MyTable group by Grade;
- With CTE, the least efficient.
How do I select the last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do I select the highest top value in SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
How do you select the highest value in SQL?
To find the max value of a column, use the MAX() aggregate function; it takes as its argument the name of the column for which you want to find the maximum value. If you have not specified any other columns in the SELECT clause, the maximum will be calculated for all records in the table.
How do you select the highest 3 values in SQL?
In sql server you could do select top 3 * from Test order by f1 desc . Other DBMS’s have similar posibilities such as MySql’s limit , Oracle’s rownum etc.
How can I get 10th highest salary in SQL?
Select Emp_name from table_name where Salary =( Select Salary from table_name order by Salary DESC limit n-1,1); There can be another question like find Nth Lowest Salary . In order to that , just reverse order using ASC ( if you don’t specify by default column will be ordered in ascending order).
How do I select a specific row in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.